Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday MiMi

Happy Birthday MiMi!! (We won't tell anyone that you are 50). Something crazy happened with our schedules so originally we were not going to be able to make it in town the weekend before Mom's birthday. At the last minute (like Thursday last minute) I decided that we needed to make it no matter what. So I planned on surprising Mom at her office Friday morning. It occurred to me that I did not have a key to the house so I needed to recruit my sister to leave a key behind for me. When I asked Britt she told me she had off work that day so she would join me. So then we invited my Grandmother. Thinking there was no way in the world this would all work out I called my brother to see what his Fridays look like....and by some miracle he was able to drive in town in between classes to join us.

Meanwhile I asked Arlene to figure out some way to keep my Mom at her office. Arlene was a huge help and scheduled a meeting to keep my Mom from leaving for lunch. Watch Mom's surprise when she sees Hunter poke his head around the corner.



We had a great lunch with the whole crew. Then we just enjoyed being together! What a wonderful treat. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Mom. We are so thankful to have you as our Mom!!

1 comment:

  1. That was a very special surprise!! Thank you so much!! I love you all very much!

    ReplyDelete