Happy Birthday Lauran
Lauran Machele Laskoskie was born on August 2nd at 2:27pm. She weighed 6.0lbs and was 18.75in long. While she was a bit of surprise making her arrival 3 weeks early, she is perfectly healthy. We are so extremely blessed! I could not have asked for a better labor and delivery and was very fortunate that all of the grandparents were able to make it there for her birth.
Our perfect little baby girl
Hunter picked out the Minnie Mouse bear for baby Sister and was so excited to give it to her!
The first couple of thoughts that I had were:
1. She is so beautiful
2. She is so tiny
3. Where did all of that dark hair come from?
I guess since Hunter was a blonde baby, I assumed Lauran would be too, but she has beautiful dark hair.
Before Lauran was born I was worried about how I could possibly love her as much as I love her brother. I mean my heart explodes with pride and joy and love every time I think about him or look at him or hold him. He has made my world a thousand times better by being in my life. But the second I heard her cry and the doctor handed her to me all those fears disappeared. Somehow my heart doubled in size and was still exploding with pride and joy and love not just for Hunter, but for Hunter and Lauran. I could not be more in love with our little family of four :)
I was also worried about how Hunter would do once Lauran was finally born. He has been an angel! He loves her so much. He loves to kiss her and to help me get things. He really likes to give her the paci, even when she is sleeping...haha! The only minor problem we have is he keeps calling her baby Reesy (his cousin). A few days after we have had her home now and he knows it is baby Lauran and she is HIS sister!
SO BLESSED!

Yes, she's a keeper!!
ReplyDelete