Thursday, November 4, 2010

The day that wouldn't end...

Today was one of those days.....Hunter didn't sleep one bit last night. The little bit he did sleep, he slept in my arms while we snuggled on the couch in the wee hours of the night. Clint got to take over when I couldn't stand it anymore at about 4:30. Then he informed me that he had to leave for work early and so he would be leaving at about 6 that morning. So I got to sleep in my bed from about 5-6 this morning. Then Hunter was still not feeling well so he couldn't go to daycare. Thanks goodness for Grammie! So I loaded him up and took him over to Grammie's house. Work was work...nothing exciting but nothing terrible. At lunch I tried to go refill a prescription. Most of you have already heard me gripe about this so I won't go into too many details but basically I have gone four days in a row and wasted a lot of time at the pharmacy and on the phone with the insurance company for them to tell me that I still don't have coverage when I know I do. So I was/am exhausted, tired of dealing with a bunch of people that aren't willing to help me, and I found myself wishing that this day would just end! Clint decided we needed a break from it all so we went to go get pedicures....but we didn't get there until late and they just rushed us in and out so it wasn't the relaxing enjoyment we both were hoping for. That and the fact that I had a killer headache made for a bad combination. Again, I found myself wishing that this day would just end.

Then I came home and saw my baby blues and precious grin and in that second I was wishing that time would just stand still. Amazing how in just one look he can change my attitude and can completely turn my day around! So with a better attitude I am now praying that Hunter feels better and sleeps good tonight....that will make for a VERY HAPPY Mommy and Daddy!


How could this precious little one not put a smile on your face? And speaking of a "tough guy"....Hunter is one tough little guy!! I took him to the doctor yesterday morning for what ended up being a viral tummy bug and they had to draw blood from his heel. She stuck him in his foot and he didn't budge or cry or anything. He got a little aggravated that the nurse held onto his foot and wouldn't let go of it while she was trying to get the blood, but never any tears! He is one tough cookie....and also a chunky one too :) He weighed 18lbs 10.5 oz. Since our carseat maxes out at 22lbs I guess I should start looking!!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you won't have too many days like this, but when you do, you sure appreciate the other days!!! Hang in there - it really is all worth it!!

    ReplyDelete