Saturday was extremely busy. My sister and I went a college friend's baby shower. Apparently every road in McKenny is under construction and it took us forever to get there but it was good to see some old college friends. Then I went to go see Ms. Emily. Baby McKenley didn't cooperate. I guess she is just having a great time with her friends at the hospital so she didn't get to come home to meet me. Next time!
Look at all the fun things Hunter got to do at MiMi and Pop's house....
He got to ride a zebra :)
And it was SOOO much fun!
He got to hang out with MiMi
He got to drive a car...
He got to hang out with Aunt B
He got to crawl up the stairs (a newer skill of his)
He got to stand like a big boy without holding on to anything....WAIT...WHAT...he can stand on his own??
Mommy was SO proud!
Then the birthday festivities began. Hunter helped me snoop and shake all of the presents. He was so funny. It looked like he was trying to be a strong man because he would strain and lift the presents as high as he could above his head.
And after a wonderful steak dinner, we managed to fit a slice of this ice cream cake....my favorite!
Then to top things off, I had more surprises waiting for me when I got home! Hunter picked out a very sweet card and even wrote a note in there for me :)
AND he picked out some beautiful heart earrings (the mother's heart from James Avery). Such a thoughtful son! And I got a gift card to Coach from Clint so I can get the purse I had my eye on.
Birthday surrounded by family and friends.....it doesn't get any better than that!
(and it continues throughout this week with dinner and gifts from my in-laws, birthday cards full of gifts and love from family, and dinner dates with friends....life is great!)











We loved getting to celebrate your birthday with you!!
ReplyDelete