Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mommy, I got this

Does anyone else have a kid that roams through the house at night? Recently, Hunter has insisted on keeping his door open when he sleeps. We comply because he goes to bed much easier and he stays in his bed all night long.....at least that is what we THOUGHT!

The first time we really knew he got out of bed and wandered around was when my Mom came to town. Somehow in one night he made the rounds from our room, to her room, and back to his room at least 3 times. MiMi was tired and finally offered to let Hunter stay in her bed instead of sending him back and Hunter said, "No, my Daddy says sleep in my own bed." HaHa! At least he knows!

The next week, after we got our Christmas tree up, Hunter comes out of his room just as chipper as could be at 6:30 in the morning and says, "look Mommy, I got this" as he proudly held up one of his Christmas ornaments. So at some point during the night, he got up, picked out an ornament and took it back to bed with him. It slept in his bed with him "ALL NIGHT LONG."

Since then, he has picked out two different ornaments during the middle of the night. Each morning he proudly brings them out to us.

The most recent discovery was tonight. Clint went to put Hunter in bed and found a plastic container and a cup propped on a pillow in Hunter's bed. Clint asked if I had given Hunter a snack this morning, which I had not. Apparently, last night after we all went to bed, Hunter got back up and helped himself to the container of blueberries and cup of water he started that night before he went to bed.

Clint thinks we should put a camera in our living room so we can see everything he does at night time. UGH! I don't mind him getting up but wished he would tell me so I knew what he was up to {and knew he was safe!} :)

No comments:

Post a Comment